Pohl, Christian Erik, Dr.
|701-0007-00L||Tackling Environmental Problems I|
|701-0015-00L||Seminar on Transdisciplinary Research for Sustainable Development|
|701-1503-00L||CCES Winter School "Science Meets Practice"|
Position at ETH
- Co-Director USYS TdLab (as of 2013)
- Senior Scientist (tenured, as of 2013)
Member of the USYS Tdlab's core team
Christian Pohl, born in 1966, is lecturer and senior research fellow. He studied environmental sciences and wrote a doctoral thesis on uncertainty in environmental assessments. His main interest is transdisciplinarity as an intellectual tool to address socially relevant issues, like environmental problems or sustainable development. In his research, he accordingly focuses on transdisciplinary research as a process of knowledge co-production that interrelates research and societal change towards sustainable development.
Activities outside ETH
- Co-director of the Network for Transdisciplinary Research (td-net), Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences
- Chair of the Sustainable Development at Universities Programme, run by the Network for Transdisciplinary Research (td-net), Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences
- PD (Privatdozent) at the Faculty of Science, University of Bern
- Associate Professor Extraordinary at the School of Public Management and Planning, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa (2011-2013)
- Founding member of the editorial board for the Team Science Toolkit of the US National Cancer Institute
- Founding member of the International Network for Interdisciplinarity and Transdisciplinarity INIT
- Master of Arts in Transdisciplinarity, Zurich University of the Arts, Member of the board of trustees ("Kuratorium").
- Doctoral School Sustainable Development at the University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences Vienna, Member of the Advisory Board
Ramamoorthy and Yeh Transdisciplinary Distinguished Achievement Award in recognition of distinguished achievement in transdisciplinary research and education from The Academy of Transdisciplinary Learning and Advanced Studies, USA